With the 2018 BTRDA Rally Championship just around the corner, we thought we’d have a closer look at the team and find out who they are, where they’re from and what they do when they’re not skidding around the countryside in the WD-40 team car.
- The team are currently British Champions! Stephen Petch (Driver) and Michael Wilkinson (Co-driver) won the BTRDA Gold Star Championship in 2017, securing the title at their home venue, Trackrod.
- Winning runs in the family: Stephen’s dad (Steve Snr) won the championship 25 years previously in 1992
- Practice makes perfect: Michael & Stephen have been driving together since they were 17!
- The car doesn’t come cheap! The car is a fully prepared, world championship specification M Sport Fiesta. If you fancy buying one, you’ll need to have a spare £350K!
- They eat, sleep & breathe cars: When they’re not competing in the BTRDA Rally Championship, the family run a car dealership (SG Petch) selling slightly less expensive cars than the one they drive!
Who is Stephen Petch?
Check out the video below to learn more about Stephen Petch…
The first round of this year’s BTRDA Championship is the Cambrian Rally, held in Llandudno on 17th February.Post your messages of support for the team on our Facebook page at @Original WD40 UK.
You can find out more about the WD-40 Athletes here!
To find out more about the WD-40 Multi use Product, click here!
To find out more about SG Petch, Click here!
GOOD LUCK TO WD-40 RALLY AS THEY LOOK TO DEFEND THEIR BTRDA RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP!