This Saturday (14th April) sees the WD-40 Rally Team head to Builth Wells to compete in one of the most popular rally stages in the UK. But how much do you know about the newly renamed ‘Rallynuts Stages’?
- It was formally known as the Severn Valley Stages and was only renamed this year to celebrate a commercial partnership with the racewear and accessories company.
- The event originated in the 1970’s using special stages on private land and old railway tracks alongside the River Severn including Burwarton Hall, the ex-army depot at Ditton Priors and running as far south as Gloucester.
- In 1977 the event was moved from the middle of the year to February. However, several years of terrible weather conditions caused it to be moved back to Spring so fingers crossed we get some sunshine this weekend!
- Around 130 crews will be looking to battle it out over 45 miles of classic rallying terrain in the Cefn, Crychan, Gwibedog and Radnor forests
- The WD-40 Rally Team (Stephen Petch & Michael Wilkinson) are seeded first for this year’s event following their BTRDA Gold Star Championship winning season in 2017 and a strong start this term.
Check out the video below to learn more about co driver, Michael Wilkinson…
Keep your eyes peeled for updates on the WD-40 Facebook page to see how the guys get on.
Keep up with everything WD-40 on twitter and instagram too!
Find out more about WD-40 Rally and the other WD-40 Athletes on the WD-40 Athletes Homepage!
Don’t forget you can now buy WD-40 Online from Amazon!! Check out our Brand New Amazon Store!