Birthplace: Eekio, Belgium
Nickname: The Magician
Hobbies: Playing the guitar, listening to music, watching movies, fishing, and snowboarding.
Kenny Belaey is a record-breaking trialbiker, and has been riding for over 25 years.
Competing from just the age of 10, he was inspired by his father Ronny, a huge motor and trials fan. Through hard work, skill and fierce natural talent, he made his international debut early. In 1996 he came home fifth in Spa-Francorchamps. Just two years later he claimed his first cadet world champion title. Kenny made history in 2000 when he won the Junior Worlds in both 20” and 26”. He continued to make a name for himself with by dominating the 2005 and 2006 seasons when he took two world titles back-to-back. He even made it a triple in 2005, racking up the world, European and world cup overall titles. His ability to clear seemingly impossible obstacles and pull off amazing saves has earned him the nickname ‘The Magician’.
Kenny is very active in promoting trialbiking, always pushing to help develop it and reach a more mainstream audience. Early on in 2009 he set off on a five-week global trek. He crossed from Spain to England, Cleveland, California and Hawaii in the US. In 2011 he also decided to organise the UCI world cup rounds in Belgium. The event had the biggest media outcome in the history of the sport with live international TV coverage.
Kenny continues to use WD-40’s products to care for his bike, and we are proud to sponsor and support him as he goes from strength to strength.
Kenny’s Trialbike Career Achievements
- 2016: Bronze medal World champs in Italy / NBA shows / release of the Pedal to the medal show with shows at WRC rally of Wales and Porto and many other prestigious events
- 2015: BALANCE project: World first by riding over an 18m long slackline at 2700m altitude over a 112m gorge in the French Alps / Bronze medal at the World champs in Andorra / NBA shows
- 2014: Bronze medal World champs Norway, Silver medal European championships Poland, NBA shows
- 2013: NBA shows in Seattle, Portland and San Francisco / global TV appearances / TV commercial for Volkswagen cvi / Come Back of the year winning bronze after injury / Laureus ambassador nomination / Launch Tshirt merchandising
- 2012: Appearance in the Olympic Samsung TVcommercial feat. David Beckham / Big injury held him back for the rest of the season, still bringing home a bronze medal at the worlds
- 2011: Appearance in the biggest global Adidas commercial ever. ALL IN / European champion / 2nd World cup overall / 2nd World championships / Volkswagen advert / Red Bull mobile advert
- 2010: show for the prestigious Laureus awards reaching millions of viewers in 180countries/ WORLD CHAMPION/ European championship 2nd/ World cup 3rd
- 2009: World Cup overall winner / Bronze European championship / Silver Worlds
- 2008: World cup Barcelona winner, World Cup overall runner up (all in 26” class)
- 2007: World Cup overall winner, 3rd in Worlds, Belgian champion, world record ‘180° rotations’ (all in 26” class)
- 2006: World champion, European champion, Belgian champion (all in 26” class)
- 2005: World Champion, World Cup overall, European champion (all in 26” class), 2004: World Cup overall, 3rd in European championship (all in 26”class)
- 2004: world cup overall
- 2003: World Cup Overall, 3rd in Worlds, 2nd in Europeans (all 26”)
- 2002: World champ (26” class)
- 2001: Junior world champ & World Cup overall (20” klasse), 3rd in Junior Worlds & Belgian champ (26”)
- 2000: Junior world champ 26”, European Junior champ 26”, junior world champ 20”, Belgian Elite 20” and 26” champion + world cup overall
- 1999: Cadet world champ 20”, Belgian elite Elite 20” champ
- 1998: Cadet world champ 20”, 3rd in European 26”, Belgian Junior champ 26”