MY HERO – FATHERS DAY
Terms and Conditions
12/05/2021 – 31/05/2021
This promotion (this “Promotion“) is promoted by WD-40 Company Limited, a company registered in England with company number 01755958, registered office at Brick Close, Kiln Farm, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK11 3LJ, telephone number (01908) 555400, and VAT registration number 844274910 (the “Promoter“).
The terms and conditions below set out the terms on which you may participate in the Promotion. Entry into the Promotion shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
- This Promotion is open to residents of the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) only, aged 18 or over on the date on which you enter this Promotion, excluding employees and their immediate families and household members of the Promoter, its agents, and anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
- The Promotion is free to enter. All entries must be submitted via the form through https://wd40.co.uk/myhero/ and entrants must complete in full all aspects of the sign up form and answer all relevant questions.
- Only 1 entries are permitted per person throughout the Promotional period.
- By participating in the Promotion and without additional consideration and/or consent or prior review and in exchange for the potential to win the Prizes referenced herein, each Entrant (except were prohibited by law) consents to the use by Promoter and its designees of his/her first name, last name, hometown, identifiable information contained in the form for the Promotion and/or any advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world.
- Winners are selected at random by a 3rd party software, which will select random winners throughout the Promotional Period from the database of entries made during the Promotional Period.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. By participating in this Promotion, you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from all liability associated with this Promotion. Participants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
5 x Custom designed WD-40 Flexible Cans with “ My Hero” cartoon image
(1 x custom can / winner )
- Entry to this promotion opens at 12:01am (UK time) on 12/05/2021 and closes at 11:59pm (UK time) on 31/05/2021 (the “Promotional Period “).
- A randomized software will pick 5 winners who will be contacted to arrange the prize design and delivery. Winners will need to supply images of their hero by 06/06/2021.
- Entries received after the end of the Promotional Period (for whatever reason) will be invalid. No entries from agents, third parties, syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices are permitted and no bulk entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time, in its absolute discretion, to: (a) verify the eligibility of any participant (including their age and place of residence); (b) disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of this Promotion or entering using fraudulent means, or who the Promoter believes to have acted in breach of these terms and conditions; (c) disqualify participants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf; and (d) disqualify any participant posting an entry or a comment to the Promoter’s Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram accounts that is, in the Promoter’s opinion, inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other participants, fans of the Promoter or directly aimed at the Promoter, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment.
- As soon as the prize-winner entry has been validated, the Promoter’s Customer Service Team will commence the prize fulfilment process. The winner will be contacted directly via email (using the details provided on entry) after 01 JUNE 2021 to arrange prize fulfilment. If all needed details are supplied by winner then the prize will be dispatched for delivery between 14/06/2021 and 18/06/2021. Promoter is not responsible and liable for lost parcels in transit, other than replacing any lost cans.
- The Promoter will not be liable if a prize winner cannot take the prize for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control or if the Promoter is unable to contact that prize winner, including due to his or her provision of inaccurate or incomplete information.
- If: (a) a prize winner cannot be contacted or does not respond between 01/06/2021 and 06/06/20021 then, (b) the winner is ineligible, (c) the winner’s entry is invalid or disqualified (by means of clauses 11 or 12), or (d) the winner has otherwise failed to comply with these terms and conditions, then such potential winner forfeits all rights to any prize. The Promoter reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
- The Promoter will attempt to contact the winners via email up to two times.
- No cash or other alternatives are available to the prize which is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and cannot be resold. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of equal or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
- The confirmed prize winner will be announced publicly via Original WD40 UK Facebook page, and Instagram page of the brand once the winner has been made aware first.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails email@example.com If you object to any or all your name, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org (within one month of the end of the Promotional Period). In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The winner will be required to take part in publicity relating to this Promotion and the Promoter reserves the right to use the winner’s name and image for such purposes.
- The Promoter will not be responsible under any circumstances or be liable for any person not being able to enter the Promotion for any reason, including (without limitation) system failures, network error or any other technical malfunction of any kind.
- You are responsible for all Internet connection costs charged by your Internet service provider. If you do not pay the bill, please get permission from the person who does.
- If the Promoter fails to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter is responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of the Promoter’s breach of these terms and conditions or its negligence, but it is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of the Promoter’s breach or if they were contemplated by you and the Promoter at the time that you entered this Promotion. The Promoter makes no express or implied warranties with respect to the prizes.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- The Promoter reserves the right to extend, withdraw, alter, or suspend this Promotion or these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable. Any entrant who sought to participate in this Promotion under its original terms will not be disadvantaged by any such change under this clause.
- Any decision of the Promoter in respect of this Promotion is final. For any further information, please contact the Promoter’s Customer Service Team by email at: email@example.com.
- These terms and conditions (including any contractual or non-contractual dispute or claim in relation to them) are governed by the laws of England and Wales. You can bring legal proceedings in respect of this Promotion and these terms and conditions in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of this Promotion and these terms and conditions in either the Scottish or the English courts.