With over 2000 confirmed uses, WD-40® is your trusty go-to can everyone needs in their toolbox! But, with so many uses, do you know everything that WD-40 can do? Probably not! So, check out below to find out 25 of the best uses for WD-40 in your home or garden.
WD-40 Uses for Home & Garden
Some of the top uses for WD-40 around your home and garden include:
- Removes glue residue from old panelling
- Helps lubricate gate valve on a house
- Helps remove paint from tile flooring
- Keeps sewing machine wheels turning smoothly
- Loosens and penetrates rusted or stuck plumbing joints
- Loosens rusted bolts
- Loosen caught zippers
- Lubricates and protects power tools
- Removes rust from saws
- Unsticks painted radiator valves
- Prevents guitar strings from rusting
- Unsticks piano keys
- Keeps lawnmower wheels turning smoothly
- Keeps snow from sticking to shovels and plows
- Unkinks gold chains
- Cleans carpet stains
- Stop wooden tools from giving you splinters
- Keep pesky squirrels off your bird feeders!
- Clean hard water stains in the toilet
- Remove rust from gardening tools
- Protect garden furniture – both metal and plastic!
- Lubricate your garden gate
- Clean your BBQ
- Apply to snow shovels to prevent rust
- Helps prevent grass from sticking to lawnmower blades
And the uses for WD-40 don’t stop there! You can find hundreds of uses of WD-40 in our handy roundup here, for both inside and outside of your home. Or check out our other uses for WD-40 when applied to motorcycles, bicycles and even your car!